Pages

Sep 9, 2011

Night sky mani

Hello lovelies!

Sorry I haven't been posting so much these days. I got carried away by work but am glad to be back!

For my NOTD I tried to create a night sky effect by layering 2 China Glaze polishes: First mate (a navy creme from the 2011 Anchors away coll) and the infamous Fairy dust (very fine silver holo glitter in a gel base).

I used 2 coats of First mate and only 1 of Fairy dust because I didn't want a star overload. Less is more, no?!

I'm pretty happy with the result. What do you think of my mani?







All 4 pictures were taken in articial lighting, the last one with flash.


4 comments:

  1. I love that last photo! Its absolutely gorgeous the was the flash has created sparkles on the glitter! Really does look like the night sky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my fairy dust! haha. Love the combo. I've been hearing such good things about the anchor away collection I now wish I bought a few colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fairy dust too and recently discovered it's golden equivalent: golden enchantment.
    The Anchors away is the very first CG collection I ever got and absolutely adore all of the colors, well at least the ones I've tried so far!
    I don't know about drugstores and beauty supply stores, but I'm sure you can still find the collection on Transdesign.inc or another e-tailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Vicky! I'm really happy with the end result and am glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete