Pages

Aug 21, 2011

Blurple toned matte skittle mani

Hi!

I wasn't going to do my nails until tomorrrow or the day after because I loved Graphite so much, but I got carried away with customizing it and ended up with a horrible mess on my nails! Too much sparkle kills the sparkle!!

As I can't stand seeing my nails covered in a thick and ugly mess of lacquer, I removed the polish and decided to do a skittle/ombre mani. At first I thought of using warm tones, then greens, but ended up opting for blues and purples (a mix of warm an cool tones). 

I also thought it would look nice with a matte topcoat and am really happy with the end result. 

These are the polishes I used:

  • Thumb:   Nars - Night Flight (Blue shimmer in an almost black navy blue creme base) - 2 coats.
  • Index:     China Glaze - First mate (Navy creme) - 2 coats.
  • Middle:   China Glaze - Secrect Peri-Wink-Le (periwinkle creme) - 2 coats.
  • Ring:      OPI - Planks a lot (Dusty lilac creme) - 2 coats.
  • Pinky:    China Glaze - Light as air (Milky lavendar creme) - 2 coats.

The matte topcoat is Essie's Matte About You (1 coat).

I really like skittle manis and even wore a few to work. My students loved them! 

Do you ever do skittle manis? 


Artificial lighting, no flash.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Nars. I just love matte colors. Is the matte top coat on your thumb and index finger too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the matte is on my thumb and index as well. I love the Nars too; only downside is they are a expensive, so I don't get that many (I have 3) :(

    ReplyDelete